Friday, November 22, 2013

Switched By: Cassie Mae


Check out my review for this blog hop!

And everyone who comments on this post through midnight on Sunday, December 8, will be eligible to receive a copy of Switched from NetGalley!
(leave your Twitter username if you are ok with that, if not check back on Monday to see who won!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Book Description courtesy of Goodreads:

     Ever since high school, Kayla has been crazy for gorgeous football player Talon. But before she could muster the courage to tell him, he became a hot item with her beautiful BFF, Reagan. The only person who knows Kayla’s secret is Wesley, Talon’s best bud—and he’s got it bad for Reagan. Now they’re all in college together, hanging out 24/7. For Kayla, seeing the two lovebirds together is absolutely unbearable. So Kayla and Wesley hatch a plot to drive them apart before Talon has a chance to give Reagan the Christmas gift she’s been waiting for.  

     Soon enough, the once happy couple is fighting. Reagan suddenly can’t get enough of Wesley’s goofy sense of humor, and Talon seems to be paying more attention to Kayla than a guy who’s “only a friend” ever should. But just when everything seems to be falling into place, Kayla and Wesley accidentally spend a night together and discover a hitch in their plan they never considered: that switching partners may not lead to a perfect ending after all.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


My Review:
My Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

*This ARC was given to me courtesy of Random House Publishing Group - Flirt , via Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review*

I really did like the book. This was a book you would want to read if you were looking for something light and easy going. It was the classic story of 4 four people in love with the wrong person, but with a big twist I did not expect.

Kayla was a refreshing leading lady. She was an awesome character in general. I did find her to be a little whiny in the beginning of the book, I'm mean she was pining after a guy that was in love with her best friend, its hard not to sound whiny when thats happening. I loved her banter with Wesley. They kept the book light and easy to read. And despite the crazy plan she came up with, I thought she really did care for her friend and wanted the best for her.

Reagan, Kayla's best friend. I loved her. She was perky and happy and even though she would get overly excited and do wacky things, she is best friend any girl would want. I won't say much about her, because it would give the book away, but I will say she loved Kayla no matter what and would do whatever was necessary to give her friend what she thought she needed.

Talon, Reagan's boyfriend and Kayla's secret crush. Now I admit that I went into this book with the stereotypical boyfriend character in mind. Where he'd be shallow and their wouldn't be much beyond his looks. I was pleasantly surprise. He was kind and smart and he was worthy of Kayla's crush.

Wesley. I absolutely adored him. From the moment he was introduced I looked forward to every time he was on the scene. He was funny, quick witted, and sweet. And he had a piercing, so he had a bad boy edge I absolutely loved.

One of my favorite things about this book was the journal entries (no I won't tell you what I mean by that you'll need to read the book). Now here's my dilemma, I liked the book but it din't strike me as completely new adult. It seemed better suited for older young adults. It had heated scenes but not enough that warranted a new adult book. Now I would,'t suggest this to a 13 year old, but maybe a mature 16, 17, or 18 year old. That's why its not 4 stars, I read the book expecting new adult, and good mature young adult. But other then that, it was a good read. And the ending was satisfying, there were no cliffhangers or anything like that. The book was wrapped up nicely. Where should you read this? In the sun in a park, by the pool, or on the beach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Like my blog? Like my Facebook Page and follow my Twitter, NetworkedBlog, blog, and Bloglovin'. (Links to do so are on the right-hand side bar)

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this review! So happy you loved Reagan :) (I have a soft spot for her ;))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...